Help is Here

We have a safe place for your newborn.
Find out where your state allows you to take your baby . . .

US map
Toll Free Crisis HOTLINE
How does the law work?
The law saves babies from unsafe abandonment. It says that parents who do not harm their baby will not be prosecuted for abandonment if they hand their newborn to a responsible adult at a Safe Haven location. It gives a desperate parent a responsible alternative. Depending on your state, the law tells you where are the accepted locations that you can leave your baby and up to what age, with no questions asked as long as they are unharmed.
What do I say when I leave my baby?
Once you get to one of the accepted locations (Hospitals, Law Enforcement Agencies, etc.- depending on your state) You will need to relinquish your baby with one of the staff members at the location, and explain that you are relinquishing your infant to them under the Safe Haven Law. You might be asked to fill out some medical information and other important facts about your newborn, yourself, and the father, mainly for the reason of passing along any and all information that might be important to the adoptive parents for the infant. The person who you are relinquishing your baby to will make sure that the baby is unharmed in anyway, and if that is the case, then you will be free to go with no questions asked, and no trouble.

Links – Safe Haven Laws – Safe Haven Law – Look up your senator to thank them for supporting Safe Haven laws – Look up your congressman to thank them for supporting Safe Haven laws

Send a message to President Trump about the importance of Safe Haven laws – Look up your governor to thank them for supporting Safe Haven laws

NSHA Partner Organizations

Click here to learn more about the National Safe Haven Alliance’s partnership with the National Exchange Club

Have questions about how the Baby Safe Haven Law in your state can impact you? Call 1-888-510-BABY.

Have general questions about Baby Safe
Haven laws, efforts in your state to promote these laws or ways
you can get involved?
Call 1-703-496-4980